Gotu Kola - the menopause remedy you need to know about
Menopause and Peri-Menopause is a natural process in a woman's life, but it can be accompanied by a host of uncomfortable symptoms, such as hot flushes, mood swings, insomnia, and vaginal dryness. Fortunately, there are natural remedies that can help ease menopausal symptoms, and one such remedy is gotu kola.
Gotu kola, also known as Centella asiatica, is an herb that has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat a variety of ailments. It is native to Asia and has been used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to improve cognitive function, reduce anxiety, and improve circulation.
Gotu kola has also been found to be effective in reducing menopausal symptoms.
Here are some of the ways in which gotu kola can benefit menopausal women:
- Reducing hot flushes: Hot flushes are one of the most common and uncomfortable symptoms of menopause. Gotu kola has been found to reduce the frequency and severity of hot flushes by regulating the body's temperature control system.
- Improving mood: Menopause is often accompanied by mood swings and anxiety. Gotu kola has been found to have a calming effect on the nervous system and can help improve mood and reduce anxiety.
- Relieving insomnia: Many menopausal women experience sleep disturbances and insomnia. Gotu kola has been found to help improve sleep quality and duration by promoting relaxation and reducing anxiety.
- Boosting vaginal health: Vaginal dryness is a common symptom of menopause that can lead to discomfort and pain during intercourse. Gotu kola has been found to improve vaginal health by increasing blood flow to the area and promoting the production of vaginal lubrication.
- Improving cognitive function: Menopause has been associated with a decline in cognitive function. Gotu kola can help improve cognitive function by increasing blood flow to the brain and reducing inflammation.
Gotu kola is an age old and natural remedy for menopausal symptoms can be taken in various forms, but one of the most effective delivery systems is topical patches.
Gotu kola is a key ingredient in The Patch Remedy’s MENOPAUSE patch. Just peel and stick the patch on any hairless area of skin and enjoy the continuous benefits of gotu kola over 12 hours. If you are looking for a natural alternative to HRT, gotu kola is definitely worth considering.
If you would like to find out more about our patches, you can read all about patches here. We recommend that you chat with your healthcare provider before switching to patches or taking new herbs, minerals and supplements.